Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tuesday's Tunes

Okay Okay so I know, super cheesy name, but I wanted to start something that I can repeat on my blog, a little order if you will. Music being such a huge part in my life, I figured I can share the songs in my head, thats what you hear playing when you load my blog. If you don't like, either skip or turn it off, its up to you! Anywho, each week on Tuesday, because that is when I started this, I'll feature new songs that I have in my playlist. My INTENTION was to put 10 songs on the playlist, but since the site is malfunctioning and only allowing 8, I've decided there will be 8 new songs. Kind of ironic, 8 is my lucky number, and my soon to be newest tattoo, so there we have it. They may not be new to the world, but new to my blog. It'll be a mix of genres, new and old, stuff that just makes me laugh, something from my childhood, you name it, I'm sure I'll play it. So here we go, this weeks top 8...

1. Ryan Adams, Wonderwall
Omg! I absolutely ADORE this cover. I will be honest, I first heard of it on an episode of Brother's and Sisters (which I have affectionately nick-named Bro's and Hoe's). And the instant I heard it, I jumped on the computer and searched until I found who sang it. I love when people put their own spin on a good song. I love the original, and I LOVE this version.





2. Lily Allen, The Fear
I've had this song on my page for a few days now. I just really like this song, I don't typically listen to the lyrics of a song until I've already liked it for awhile. I'm a singer, so you think I would. But I have to like the music before I like what they are saying. But this song, I listened to it right from the start. And I really feel it. I too want to be rich and I want lots of money.... hehehe!

3. Dean Martin, Mambo Italiano

My favorite cooking song! hehehehee! I looooove old music, Frank, dean, Billie, I could be a happy girl listening to their classics for ever! This is just a fun song, that the fam loves!








4. Vampire Weekend, I Stand Corrected

I am utterly obsessed with Vampire Weekend. I love them. LOVE LOVE them. This is definantly one of my current obsession songs (not to mention bands), I'll listen to it on repeat for hours. I just love these little Columbia boys. If you haven't heard of them, by now everyone should, seriously check them out.






5. M.I.A., Paper Planes,

Okay so I realize this song is kind of outdated. But as I've mentioned before I like to pat myself on the back for being into something before it became popular. M.I.A is definantly one of those things. Listened to her LONG before she was being written about in Rolling Stones. But this remix, who I honestly forget who
did it, I LOVE. Its from the Slumdog soundtrack.


6. Rush, Tom Sawyer,

Hahahahahahahaa. This song just makes me laugh. Its my family's we are going to be mean to the next victim to sing on Rock Band song. Hehehehe, we made my mom do it once and her voice was just ridiculous. And for some odd reason my aunt LOVES singing it. And then I Love You Man had to go and put it in their movie.... hahahaha, greatness. Hahahaha! Its long, so skip ahead please!

7. The Shins, Caring is Creepy

Great band, great song. I've been in a chill mood lately, and I keep playin The Shins on my ipod. My favorite part is when the song gets all trippy, and goes All these squawking birds won't quit. Gets me everytime.

8. Modest Mouse, Paper Thin Walls

I've hit a Modest Mouse phase in my life, listen to them constantly. This song just makes me happy. hehehehe!






And there you have it this week's Top 8! Enjoy!


Keep those toes tappin.

0 comments: