Thursday, June 4, 2009

Artichokes


So I'm coming into my own in the whole cooking world, but I think I have found an arch nemesis, artichokes. About a month ago I tried cooking with fresh artichokes, which if you ask me just seems like a lot of waste before you got to something edible and it took freaking forever to get to that part. And then upon cooking it just didn't seem right, I'm positive I didn't prepare them correctly. Even like an amateur I went online and watch a video, on youtube nonetheless, showing me how to cut one up. Yeah still didn't work. Today, it was requested that I cook using these jarred artichoke hearts. I was stumped, I don't know the flavor well enough, nor whatever the hell they were marinated in. Again I resorted to the trusty internet, I swear its almost a curse Jameson brings to me, constant internet access. Anywho, I searched recipes on the internet using chicken (it was already out and thawed, had to be my protein) and artichokes. All that came up were casseroles. Ugh. Casseroles just remind me of butter and fat and unhealthyness. There were a few pasta dishes but again, real heavy cream sauces, I wasn't having it. I ended up just inventing my own thing with rice and fresh spinach leaves, but I wasn't blown away. So I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board, or just cut them out of my repertoire.
I did however make my first crepe, and they were fantastic and quite the favorite of the evening. YEAH ME! Okay I'm not London Tipton, and yes I just realize that I can quote Suite Life. Hehehehehe!!
Okay wow that was probably really boring. Oh well, I can't be on always.
XoXo.

0 comments: