Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lazy Sunday

So I finished up season 1 of True Blood. It was as I suspected that Sam was the Twilight equivalent of Jacob, even more so. I'm not sure if I'm more mad that I kept saying werewolf werewolf, when Jacob is technically a shape shifter, and that is what Sam ended up being. I wasn't shocked, he was that damn dog, there is a Sam dog and a real dog, which tried to mess me up. I like the show, I'm just having a problem getting past the whole Twilight similarities. Hold on, quick fact check. brb. (I wish I could insert some Muzak while you wait, as if you are experiencing my whole thought process with me... hehehe) Damnnnit. I may have lost respect for miss Meyer. Charlaine Harris's books were published first. I know that doesn't mean that Stephenie outright stole them, but the similarities are a little tooo obvious. Hmmm. Oh well lets chalk it to, I love them both, and Edward was not stolen, because he is simply amazing. He trumps any theivery. hehehehee! Anywhooooie, can't wait to see what Season 2 has in store!

I haven't really accomplished much today. Its gorgeous outside, so I did take a book out and read in the hammock. That was utterly fantastical. The book was okay, its called Glamorous (is it sad that I just sang the Fergie song while spelling that?!). I am not about to read Wuthering Heights. I'm not good with old books, and remember all things can go back to Twilight or Gossip Girl, so I'm gonna give it a whirl since Bella loves it so much. That and my little sister has summer reading for her AP English class next year. I'm proud that she's in an AP class!!!! She hasn't always put school first, she's a great student, but if she just put forth a little bit more effort, she could be amazing. And I think she's onto a great start Call me a nerd but I took quite a few in high school, but was so far from a nerd you wouldn't believe. I pulled off the unthinkable, smart and popular. Well as popular as one can be at the high school I went to. Its HUGE, so popularity turns into more of a "well - known" type of thing, or lots of friends. It just didn't make sense to me to not care about school and only care about boys and gossip. The only thing that sucked was not having class with friends, they were all in the dumb classes. I even had a boy drive me to school everyday, that when everyone else was skipping 1st hour and go out to breakfast, he would drive me there refuse to let me come and kick me out of the car, because he didn't want me to miss my AP gov class, then proceed to go to breakfast. I hated him for it then, but thank him now. WOW HUGE veering off course... my little sister AP. She has to read Wuthering Heights so I agreed to read it with her and we could help each other out. I'm just a good sister like that! hehehehe!

Alrighty roo, I better be off. The hammock is calling my name again!


True that, double true.

0 comments: