Saturday, July 4, 2009

Movie Review

Last night I watched the movie Gran Torino last night. Again I apologize for being slow on the uptake, usually I've seen all the Oscar nominated movies WELL before the Oscars. Especially with this one being filmed in Detroit, you would have thought I saw it. Anyway, it was a great movie. It really made you think about racism and the effects it still has today. But also shows that anyone can change their views, even an old crotchety man that has been racist all of his life. It was great. I love Clint's role and how he played it, he was so cynical and still stuck to his guns on his racist terms towards his new friends, but they gave it right back to him. It was like they realized he was being ignorant and saw right through it, saw that he really was a good man. It was a truly good movie. I forget what it was nominated for but if it wasn't nominated for best film it should have been, considering The Reader was nominated (I absolutely detest this movie and will not get into at this moment)


Speaking of the Oscars, word on the street they are going back to nominating like 12 flicks for best movie, instead of just a few that no one really likes. That makes momma happy! I feel like I should just chose all of the movies and the winners, hehehehehe! In a perfect world...

Tonight I watched local fireworks from my roof. Yes literally climbed up on one tier of our roof, got a ladder and went to the top tier. It was pretty sweet. Tomorrow shall be spent boating and drinking and havin fun. I made some awesome White Wine Peach Sangria for the festivities and it is AMAZING!!!!! I wish everyone a fun and fantastic Fourth of July! Eat, drink, and be merry!

Happy Independence.

0 comments: