Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Teachings From Iraq

Ohhhhh! I totally forgot... so my most favorite person in the whole wide world is serving our country in the Army and has just gone (just meaning 2nd week in December just) on his first tour over in Iraq. Oh my favorite person is my cousin Nick... forgot to add that... wait I'll add an embarrassing photo of him when I paraded him around some bars telling everyone he was leaving to fight for our freedom, a freedom fighter if you will, and they must buy him drinks. And by the way that's his sexy pose... hehehe jk jk! Anywho, I figured he is getting bombarded with emails from our family... long winded wanting lengthy responses emails from our family, so I've decided to send him sweet nothings. Or just I'm more annoying and send him one liners, which have received many responses. Well done me. So I shall share with you the wisdoms I am learning from my Freedom Fighter.


1. My cousin will become BA (badass) like Liam Neeson from the movie taken. *note* he claims he already is... but I think he still needs some work.

2. We decided if his brother was in a band he would play the key-tar, wear a key-tie, and also play the triangle and cowbell.

3. The army does not use peeling potatoes as a punishment anymore. (that one did bring disappointment finding out)

4. My cousins favorite colors are green, blue, gray, and black.


Hehehehe... so I promise to find out more cool things specifically about the army like the potato peeling bit... thats shocking right... because you all don't really know my cuz and get the inside jokes. It'll be fun. Plus it makes me feel good getting to hear from him, knowing I'm making him chuckle at my randomness.

To any of you reading that also has a loved one in the services, my heart is with you and those troops are in my prayers. Its a brave thing they are all doing and I know my world is a better place with them in it.


Peace. Love. Hope.

0 comments: