Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can't Sleep

I can't sleep. I'm not going to venture out as far as saying I have insomnia, because in all honesty I can fall asleep anytime anywhere. I just don't feel like sleeping, and thats worse, because I always want to sleep. I love sleep. I almost love sleep more then sex. Okay that was a huge lie. But sleep is the only distant, far distant second to sex. I am truly a night owl. I don't understand why the world is so set on waking up so unnaturally early. If it was natural to wake up at 6am and such then how come we all need alarm clocks. ITS NOT NATURAL. I feel like I am the only one to understand this concept. Maybe I am a real genius to be the first to have thought this up. I just don't get it. I understand that there are some real early birds out there. My aunt can't sleep past 5 to save her life, and its not as tho she was getting up early for years upon years. But almost everyone I know sleeps in when possible. I would be the extreme and even waking up at 11 is hard to do. But that is also because I am at my best past 10 o'clock pm. Right now I'm definitely peaking, my brain is working to its fullest, I'm the most creative... yet this is when I am supposed to be sleeping. Thanks society I could have been the greatest at something had our sleeping and waking hours been tweaked. UGH! Really I should have at least been born overseas where the work days starts at what 11, and there is a siesta and all that fun stuff. OMG, I can't even imagine the greatness I would achieve if I was allotted a 2 hour nap every day. HOLY SHIT. I would end up using those 2 hours for other stuff on some days but still come on... a nap as an adult... ORGASM. I just really don't think that I am the only one out there that thinks the same way. I really can't believe it. I honestly don't know a single person that would opt to continue getting up at 6am everyday. Seriously I would have no problem working late. I understand the sun is out and everything, but who decided that we have to be out when the sun is up. We've had electricity long enough now to start changing shit. I guess first tho the US needs to switch to the metric system... but that's a whole different thought for a whole different day.

love your resident night owl.

0 comments: